How to lose weight without torturing the taste buds?
Losing weight is not just an easy and simple recipe that we can cook and have. It requires a lot of patience and commitment. But at the same time it requires a lot of sacrifices also, but all for your good. This is one main reason why people fail to adhere to weight loss regimes and diets. Saying all, sacrifices and commitments do not mean eating boiled vegetables and leaving your favourite foods. It does not mean doing something that you have done and enjoyed doing for years. It all about living a healthy lifestyle and staying committed to it. There is no need to torture your taste buds or do something in-conventional to keep up with your commitments. You can lose weight without torturing the taste buds.
Great foods with good tastes to lose weight
Experts say to ensure you get delicious foods that you not only enjoy during your regime to lose weight but also these foods are fibre-packed, and are a great way to fill you and control hunger, manage your blood glucose levels, and promote gastrointestinal health. Fruits and veggies are rich in fibre, which makes them heavy by keeping you full but also keeps you fuller longer, while being low in calories, thus aiding weight loss.
Plant-based foods are also high in protein. They are responsible to fill you up along with firing up your metabolic rate. They make you satisfied and keep your weight down. Here are some examples of foods and ways that you can add up your list of daily intake and satisfy your taste buds apart from supporting you in your weight loss program.
Focus on the quality of food
Food serves as a fuel to our whole body and the organs so that they can function to their optimal capacities. Healthy foods are a mix of macro and micronutrients that provides the body with all the essential elements to function well and provide us with what we desire. Below is a list of certain foods that we should consider having:
- Carrots: these root vegetables are hearty, so get them ready to eat as a snack to curb hunger pre-meal. Carrots also serve as a fat substitute by thickening soups and stews. You will benefit from the high degree of beta-carotene and fibre content in carrots.
- Mushrooms: Its meaty flavour and texture make them a great addition to numerous dishes. You get the feeling of having high-grade meat products that satisfy your taste buds. Researchers have proved that replacing meat with mushrooms for a meal a day encourages significant weight loss. This happens because you are consuming less fat and fewer calories.
- Berries: almost all berries, and especially blueberry, blackberry and strawberry are low in calories, packed with healthy and essential nutrients, and add tons of flavour to any meal and are an ideal weight-loss food.
- Dark chocolate: have you ever imagined, that something like chocolate can aid in weight loss. Yes, it’s true! The health benefits of dark chocolate are seemingly endless. Cocoa in dark chocolates contains flavonoids and polyphenols – the nutrients that have strong potential health benefits. Even a small square can satisfy your taste buds and reduce your cravings for sweet.
- Nuts: are incredible on their own – Walnuts, almonds, and other varieties are high in heart-healthy fats and fibres. These help control your hunger and keeps you satisfied. They also feed the taste buds and aid in healthy weight loss. They also are the greatest sources of selenium, which keeps your metabolism, immunity, and reproductive health in optimal conditions.
Food should not be a therapy of struggle. It should be an entertainment to revive your senses and keep you satisfied. Weight loss doesn’t mean, giving up on what you love and especially food. It’s about making food your friend, your partner in times when you need them the most to support you and boost your morale. So are you ready to lose weight without torturing the taste buds?
The above article has been contributed by our Panel Dietician Ms Sheela Sehrawat who is also the Founder Member of – DIET CLINIC
PG –Dietetics and Hospital Food Service (DHFS)
Practising since 2005 as a registered dietician under IDA, Sheela Seharawat is the founding member and chief mentor of Diet Clinic, operating around 35 outlets successfully all over the country.
A motivational speaker, an expert dietician and a strong believer in healthy and motivated living, she has transformed the lives of many through her breakthrough diets and inspiration on living a healthy life. Another feather is added to the name of Diet Clinic Health Care as the esteemed magazine and organization “Silicon India Start-Up City” has recognized and awarded “Diet Clinic” in their annual listing of “10 Best Startups in Fitness, 2017”.
She started her career in the Indian Army hospital as a dietitian. Her journey in health and fitness starts from here and still, she is serving the people and believes to offer the best guidance on health and wellness.
Sheela always says – ‘Let Your Diet Work for You’. She aims to spread the message of wellness and the art of dieting through her clinics across various parts of the globe. Ms Sheela Seharawat dedication work towards spreading healthy lifestyle awareness among the mass is commendable and she keeps on providing relentless services to fitness and health relevantly.