Flax seeds are natural sources of Omega 3 fatty acids and low-density lipoproteins. These are great for your immunity, heart health as well as your skin and hair. However, these have quite a bland taste, so, let us learn about some recipes to incorporate these in our diet. Here are some healthy recipes….
Raita with Flax seeds
This is a super-easy recipe to prepare and takes barely 10 minutes.
- Take a bowl full of thick curd and beat it. Add some grated bottle gourd and mix it into curd. Now add nearly 1 and a half tablespoon of coarsely ground Flax seeds into your raita.This makes the body of your raita.
- Let us now add some flavours to it! Add some roasted jeera powder,black salt to taste.
- Add some paste made out of mint leaves and a little water to impart your raita a refreshing flavour.
- Garnish with finely chopped Coriander leaves.
Flax seeds are an excellent source of Omega 3 fatty acids that normalize your blood cholesterol. Thesr act as an excellent antioxidant. Combined with Calcium-rich Curd it makes a wholesome and healthy food option in summers.
Flax seeds Smoothie
- Add two tablespoons of Flax seeds to a glassful of low-fat milk. Add Vanilla essence, if you wish. Add Some chunks of Strawberries along with Sugar to taste.
- This Yummy smoothie not only teases your taste buds but also is low in Calories since, Strawberries have natural and easily digestible sugars, lots of antioxidants. Enjoy this smoothie in summers for improved immunity. If you wish, you can skip the Sugar all together.
Flax seeds mouth freshener
Try this mouth-freshener with a twist! Let us accept it Flax seeds are a bit difficult to chew on to as it is. So, converting these into an interesting mouth-freshener is a good idea.
- Take 1/4 cup each of flax seeds, black sesame seeds, sesame seeds and Saunf.
- Add a tablespoon of lemon juice and half a tablespoon of Lemon Juice. Set aside for an hour or so.
- Dry roast the mix in a non-stick pan till it starts to give some nice aroma.
- Remove from gas and let it cool down to room temperature. Store in an airtight container.
Flax seeds fruity Sprouts
- Take sprouted moong dal that has been pre-cooked in a pressure cooker for a Whistle.
- Heat two tablespoon Olive oil in pan. Add turmeric and salt to taste.
- Saute for 2 mins and turn off the heat.
- Let these sprouts cool down to room temperature and refrigerate, if you prefer your sprouts cool.
- Add small cut pieces of Paneer, crunchy apples, cucumbers, pomegranate and flaxseeds. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Add chaat masala, as per your taste.
Flax seeds Dry Chutney
- Roast 4 tablespoons of flax seeds for 5 minutes.Add some Salt to taste, add turmeric, coriander powder, Cumin powder to taste. Blend in a mixer by adding some water.
So, these are the 5 healthy recipes using flax seeds which are easy to prepare and full of goodness. Do you recollect any of your
Copyright © Utpal K
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Utpal K
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© Utpal K., all rights reserved.
Copyright Notice: No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Utpal K who holds the copyright
2 thoughts on “Top 5 healthy recipes using flax seeds”
Flax seeds are great for weight loss, thanks for sharing amazing recipes with us
Yes, they are Richa. Welcome always… 🙂
Comments are closed.