A pandemic is a sudden and widespread occurrence of an infectious disease. The intensity of a pandemic is severe than the common flu because it is more contagious and has no known exact cure. Therefore, the fatality rate for this kind of infection is quite high as well. But there is nothing to be scared of because by taking specific preventive measures, you can stop it from entering your system. Let us see how to stay safe during a pandemic.
- Maintain good respiratory hygiene because if you had caught the infection, you wouldn’t want to pass it on to other people around you. Cough and sneeze into your elbow. Remember one thing; you may catch the infection and experience no symptoms because of higher immunity. However, you can still act as a carrier and infect another person with lower resistance.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly, especially if you are touching surfaces or accidentally touching people. Wash your hand with water and soap/handwash for a minimum of 20 seconds. In case you don’t have access to water and soap, use hand sanitizer with seventy percent alcohol content.
- Avoid going to crowded places because if you do so, you are exposing yourself to infection. If you can’t skip going, maintain a minimum of a one-meter distance between you and other people.
- Don’t touch your face. You may unknowingly get in contact with the infection, and by touching your eyes, nose, or mouth, you may allow it to enter your body. Germs immediately start multiplying after entering your system.
- Disinfect commonly and frequently surfaces with an alcohol-based disinfectant. These surfaces could be desktops, computer keyboards, phone keypads, door handles, TV remotes, and kitchen counters.
- Don’t share personal hygiene stuff like towels, soap, comb, etc. with your family’s sick member. If possible, ask them to quarantine themselves in an isolated room.
- Consult your doctor before taking medicine. If someone you suspect is spreading a rumor about a cure of the infection, report them to police.
- Go out only when it’s necessary. Always wear a mask if you need to venture out of the apartment.
- Eat seasonal fruits after washing them properly to boost your immune system.
by observing all what is mentioned above, you can stay safe during a pandemic.
Copyright © Utpal K
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Utpal Khot
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© Utpal K., all rights reserved.
Copyright Notice: No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Utpal Khot who holds the copyright.