Bad breath is a common issue. We know it’s problematic, but don’t worry as it can be resolved. The food we eat gets caught between our teeth and which invites a number of bacteria. Bacteria inside our mouth is the root cause of the foul smell because they grow on bits of food. Digestion of certain compounds such as. Sulfur from onion and garlic leads to foul odor and tooth decay. A few of the other reasons behind this foul smell can be acid reflux, diabetes complications, smoking, and kidney failure. Let us know how we can overcome the problem of bad breath.
Overcoming Bad Breath
- Proper oral care: Regular and proper dental care is a must to avoid bad breath. The deposition of plaque on the teeth leads to tooth decay and bad odor. Brushing your teeth at least twice a day can prevent tooth decay and bad breath. Tongue scraping is essential to remove the layer of film which gets deposited under our tongue. Brushing and flossing in the right frequency are essential to overcome the issues of cavities and tooth decay. So, before you go to bed, brush properly to remove excessive debris that invites bacterial growth.
- The Right food: The food we eat affects our breath. Eat watery vegetables and fruits which are rich in fiber content. Avoid the food which has intense flavors such as onion and garlic.
- Parsley: Chew fresh leaves of parsley after every meal to avoid the foul smell.
- Alcohol: A glass of alcohol can be the reason for your bad breath, so rinse your mouth and gargle your mouth properly after having a glass of wine before you go to bed.
- Water: It is essential to keep yourself hydrated as saliva plays a vital role in keeping the mouth clean. The dry environment invites bacteria to grow, so drink plenty of water to keep your mouth moist and fresh.
Some more ways to overcome Bad Breath
- Yogurt: Include yogurt or curd in your daily diet to reduce the harmful bacteria-in-mouth effect in your mouth.
- Fennel seeds: Eat fennel as a mouth freshener to get a clean breath. They can be used roasted, coated, or plain. They give you a fresh breath.
- Mint tea or Green tea: Green tea and mint tea has disinfectant properties, which results in a fresh breath. Cool Mint and green tea can be sipped throughout the day to get rid of bad breath quickly.
- Baking soda: Use mouthwash or toothpaste regularly as it can kill bacteria in the mouth. Add two teaspoons of baking soda with a cup of warm water and gargle with the same to avoid bad breaths.
- Vinegar mouthwash: Vinegar has acidic properties, which reduces the growth of bacteria. Use it at least twice a day to overcome your bad breath issues.
- Say ‘No’ to artificial sugars: Food items such as soda, aerated drinks, and preserved juices have too much artificial sugar, and flavors worsen the condition of cavities and smell.
Home remedies are not the complete solution for your bad breath, as the reason for it can be tooth decay. So it is recommended that you should visit your doctor before it gets too late. Also, be careful about the foods that you eat.
Copyright © Utpal K
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Utpal Khot
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© Utpal K., all rights reserved.
Copyright Notice: No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Utpal Khot who holds the copyright.