We love our pooches to the moon and back, and we can do anything to make them feel comfortable, loved, and happy. How cute do they look after wearing those jumpers, jackets, princess dresses, and hoodies? So, Why shouldn’t your pet be dressed up in the name of Fashion? Don’t they look beautiful? Your Instagram flooded with hundreds of likes and comments section narrates the story.
But wait! Do you know while you are enjoying the amount of love your furry friend is receiving on Instagram, your same friend is suffering in silence under the layers of cloth. Yes, that’s true. If you think dressing up your dog makes them look cute and doesn’t cause them any discomfort, you might want to reconsider your decision.
Why reconsider your decision to dress up your pet?
According to vet experts, there are plenty of reasons for which you should avoid dressing up your furry best friend.
- Clothing impedes pooches’ ability to regulate their body temperature. Their hair is enough to protect them from elements, and they raise their fur to regulate their body temperature.
- Irrespective of the fabric used, the dress material rubs the skin resulting in painful sores.
- Because of the inconvenience caused by dressing, dogs’ behavior towards its owner may change. In some cases, they become aggressive and violent.
- Under the animal welfare act, if the law convicts you of discomforting your pets in the name of fashion, you could face a hefty penalty.
In some instances, it is perfectly okay to cover your dogs to protect them from harsh weather while it is not at all tolerable to make them uncomfortable in the name of fashion. In the case of breeds who have shorter hair, it becomes crucial to protect them from the external weather by using a piece of cloth.
Consult your veterinarian if you think it is essential to cover your friend up to keep them warm. Follow the doctor’s advice instead of doing something naive that will make you regret it in the future. Understand why your pet shouldn’t be dressed up just to please you and your friends. Be a little more Human. Do leave your comments here or on whatsapp.
Copyright © Utpal K
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Utpal Khot
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© Utpal K., all rights reserved.
Copyright Notice: No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Utpal Khot who holds the copyright