Humans are social animals who depend on frequent interaction with other humans for survival. However, the present situation has pushed humankind in their houses where some have been forced to leave alone or with no human interaction, and some aren’t fortunate enough to get a peaceful environment at home. It is getting tougher for people to speak out about their feelings, resulting in severe mental conditions like stress and depression. If you are facing the same problem, don’t worry, it’s quite normal to feel that way. To cope up with such a terrifying situation, you need to make certain changes in the way you had been living. Here’s what you can do to take care of your Mental Health during Corona.
- Quality sleep is vital to manage our emotions. If we don’t get enough sleep, we expose ourselves to mental and physical health hazards. Ideally, we should sleep for 7-8 hours every day.
- We are what we eat. Try to eat a balanced diet consisting of vegetables, fruits, nuts, etc. Nutrients or mineral deficiency is a great cause of mood swings.
- Smoking, drinking, and doing drugs are the biggest enemies of a healthy mind. When we consume excess alcohol, it causes thiamine deficiency—a drop in thiamine can lead to severe memory problems, confusion, and eye problems.
- Sunlight regulates the production of feel-good hormone endorphins and serotonin. Soak in the early morning sunlight because it doesn’t contain the harmful UV ray.
- No matter how calm and composed you are, certain things irritate you. Identify your triggers and try to avoid putting yourself in those situations. Don’t turn stoic or turn your back to anger/sadness because sometimes it is important to get it out of your system. Do it harmlessly.
Some more Important ones:
- It’s no secret that exercise and brief workout sessions are mood boosters. Keep aside 30-45 minutes daily for exercise or playing your favorite sport.
- Do things that make you happy (inside the home). It could be as simple as watching your favorite movies/series or cooking, painting, or reading a book. Do it right away whenever you feel low.
- Hit-up your friends/family and share your thoughts. Facetime has been bringing the world closer in this stressful time.
- Help others. Help people in recharging their phones or anything they ask for. Helping others elevates your self-esteem.
- Don’t shy away from asking for help. Other people ask for it when they need it. It’s nothing to be ashamed of.
Do let us know if you can add any more Tips to take care of your Mental Health during Corona.
Copyright © Utpal K
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Utpal Khot
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© Utpal K., all rights reserved.
Copyright Notice: No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Utpal Khot who holds the copyright