COVID-19 has taught us the importance of our health, fitness, and immunity. Our eating habits play a significant role in the weight of a person, fitness, and digestion. To stay healthier, you must practice some healthy eating habits. Let us see how we can change eating habits by following these simple rules.
- Ditch sugar and salt: Consuming salt and sugar in more quantities increases obesity and other diseases. Avoid eating cakes, desserts, fried food, candies, and soft drinks. Replace sugar with honey and jaggery while you have to have something sweet.
- Avoid fatty foods: Avoid eating fatty foods in your diet as they can affect the heart badly. Avoid eating too much butter, cheese, pork, and ice-creams.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are rich sources of vital nutrients and minerals. Include fruit juices and salads to provide the necessary fiber to your body.
- Whole grains: Replace rice and wheat with oats, jowar, and brown rice. Replace white bread with wheat and multigrain bread.
- Eat slowly: Eating fast can impact your metabolism badly. Eat only when you are hungry. Avoid eating while you are bored, in anger, or anxious. Plans meals well in advance to eat a healthy balanced diet.
- Control portion size: Avoid overconsumption of foods that are high in calories. Overeating results in guilt, so have small portions at regular intervals.
- Follow a schedule: Avoid skipping meals and eating at irregular times. Eat small portions 5-6 times a day. Include a healthy breakfast to keep yourself energetic throughout the day. Avoid sleeping late at night and eating at midnight.
- No smoking or alcohol: Avoid smoking and using alcohol completely. Drink 7-8 liters of water to keep yourself hydrated.
Eating habits won’t change in a day or two, but you need to work on them continuously. Remember that small changes also count. Eat something that doesn’t give you regrets or guilt after having it. Start setting small goals as small changes can make significant differences. Take suggestions from your physician if you have any concerns related to food allergies or any health-related issues. Eat healthy and stay fit.
Copyright © Utpal K
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Utpal Khot
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© Utpal K., all rights reserved.
Copyright Notice: No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Utpal Khot who holds the copyright.