Low Calorie Healthy Dinner recipes for Summers
Summers make you feel Lethargic as it is on top of that returning from a hectic day at work and having to cook a full fledged meal is a turn off ! So, If you are looking out for some recipes for dinner time that are quick to make,filling yet low-calorie and are different from the regular Dal-Roti-Sabzi combination then, this post is for you! Read on below…
- First of all, finely chop vegetables, including: Carrots, Bell peppers and beans. Keep them aside. Add some olive oil to a pressure cooker and heat it up. Add Cumin seeds, a little turmeric and stir once to allow uniform heating of both these species. Add a bowl full of the finely chopped vegetables to the cooker and stir so that the vegetables are now coated with the heated spices. Add nearly four tablespoons of Oats to the cooker, now.
- Add some water, just enough to let the oats and the veggies get immersed in water. Add salt to taste.Close the lid of the pressure cooker and let it whistle twice.
- Turn off the heat and let the steam dissipate.
- After you open the lid of the pressure cooker, add a pinch of pepper, some dried thyme leaves and a little oregano.Add some freshly cut coriander to garnish.
Fruity Banana, apple Oatmeal porridge
To make this delightful, fruity Oatmeal:
- Slice Apple and Banana into small pieces and set them aside.
- Boil some fat free milk and add Oatmeal nearly 2 to 3 tablespoons in the milk. Simmer the gas, add some Sugar and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and let the porridge cool down to room temperature.
- Refrigerate this oatmeal for an hour or so. Add the cut fruits on the top along with some
- Raisins and cardamom powder before serving.
- Eggs are full of nutrition and an Omelette is a great quick-fix dinner recipe. Just, split open two eggs and whisk them. Add some Salt to this mix and stir.
- Heat a nonstick pan to low heat and add half a teaspoon of oil on the pan and spread it well.
- After the pan is sufficiently hot, pour the Whisked eggs over the pan and use a spoon to spread the batter in a circular shape.Before the Omelette solidifies, sprinkle chopped Onions and Coriander on the Omelette.
- Let one side of the Omelette cook to Golden Brown till the mix is no longer runny.You can now carefully flip the side and let the Omelette cook well.
- Serve this with Tomato ketchup and Green Chutney.
Low Calorie Mix Veggie
- Top 5 Low Calorie Healthy Dinner recipes includes this mIxed vegetable dish.
- Cut vegetables including: Broccoli, Zucchini, Baby Carrots, Olives and Capsicum into small pieces.
- Mix all the veggies together and sprinkle nearly two tablespoons of Vinegar over these veggies. Let these stay for an hour in a covered utensil
- After an hour, heat two tablespoons Olive Oil in a pan and once, the oil is hot add Cumin Seeds and a little Heeng along with a pinch of turmeric in the pan. Let the spices roast a bit before adding the veggies which had been sprinkled with Vinegar in the pan.
- Add salt to taste and cover the pan with a lid. Let the veggies cook til they are tender and soft to eat.
- Add some Oregano, Black Pepper and Sweet thyme to your veggie delight!!!
Watermelon Ginger Sorbet
- This refreshing recipe is to accompany any of the dishes above Try this lovely Sorbet.
- Add chunks of Watermelon and Ginger to a juicer and extract the juice
- Add a little Black Salt and ground Cumin powder to this sorbet and enjoy a refreshing dinner drink that is low-calorie, too!
Summertime is ideal to enjoy a light, refreshing and low-calorie dinner as you do not need to preserve any extra heat in your body like in Winters. So, why do not you give these recipes a try and let us know some more in the comments below..
Copyright © Utpal K
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Utpal K
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© Utpal K., all rights reserved.
Copyright Notice: No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Utpal K who holds the copyright.